Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

So, sad news this week, The White Stripes have officially broken up. For those of you who have not heard of this fantastic band you MUST check them out. They are probably one of the greatest alternative bands of this generation. They say on their website (http://www.whitestripes.com/) that the reasons they are splitting is not because of health reasons (i.e. Meg White's recent anxiety problems), or lack of wanting to continue. It is simply because of "a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve what is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way". Now I am slightly confused by this statement but, I am not inside Jack White's brilliant mind.... so I guess that's that.


The Union Forever..... My absolute favorite White Stripes song from their 2001 release, White Blood Cells





What I am excited for is PANIC AT THE DISCO!! They are debuting their junior album sometime in the spring. It is called "Vices and Virtues" and I CAN'T wait. Now I might not seem like the type to love "Panic" but there is just something about their sound that is fantastic. I love Brandon Urie's smooothh voice. and Pretty. Odd was defiantly the better album out of the two. I am a bit concerned about the departure of half of the group back in 2009. Im not really sure how this will affect their sound but I am hoping it will be for the better. 





PS: I can tots play this on the guitar, its pretty sick-nasty.
PSS: More album releases! The Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming out with their 10th studio album sometime in the fall-ish!


In other Lili-related news:
I have noticed a weird thing about myself. I absolutely HATE it when people like the same things as me. Its like I have this primal need to be the only one who likes anything and stand out. This can range from certain types of music, TV shows, and even foods. For example, a few months ago, like in november? There was a Glee episode that at the end had a Florence + the Machine song in it (the worst one, AND they totally ruined it). The next day I look on Facebook and basically ALL my strange theatre friends (which double as Glee lovers) had quotes from the "Dog Days are Over" on their status saying "OMJESUS I LOVE FLORENCE BLAHBLAHBLAHHAPPYLOVEYBLAH". I was SO angry. I liked Florence back in APRIL. APRIL. Back the HELL off. Listening to her has never been the same since. Also whenever I look on someone's profile that they like House. I get really angry. I think: "I like House more than you, you don't have my high caliber of unhealthy obsession that I do, you don't own a House themed calendar!" (fo realz). So do I have some kind of disorder, because I know that if I am the only person who loves a certain band, or TV show, it will probably not make any money and cease to exist. I might have a problem here so, HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment