Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Songs Im Absolutely Obsessed With

Mumford and Sons, The Cave 
If someone sang this to me I would legit be nothing but a puddle of my former self because it is so cute. Well, at least I think so. It is a tad creepy about the noose and stuff but GUESS WHAT he is SAVING YOU from the noose. How nice is that? I just hate watching the video because It ruins all the romantic-ness of it because the lead singer  looks like a bear. Which isn't bad, just not really as romantic as it should be. Unless you like having sex with bears.... which is.... questionable, and dangerous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkUeRPjc-Y


Gorillaz, Rhinestone Eyes


I really don't know why I love this song so much, BUT IT IS FUCKING AMAZING. It has a fantastic beat, trippy lyrics that don't make sense, accept if you stayed up all night engaging in illegal drug activity. I mean, its sort of romantic..... Kind of, if you were on meth. But still, good stuff. Favorite Line: Im a scary gargoyle on the tower, that you made with plastic power, your rhinestone eyes are like factories far away. HAHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYDmaexVHic


Grizzly Bear, Slow Life
YES I DO realize that this song is off the "New Moon" soundtrack BUT STILL, there are some good things on that track, the acting in the move is awful, but not the music.... It is a good song. Just great. Its perfect for driving in the rain on back-country roads with it turned up real loud while you snuggle with significant other... mhhhmmm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4xtM7uxG4


The Killers, Show You How
I love how it starts out on the answering machine, and how Brandon Flowers laughs at the beginning. HOW CUTE IS THAT. I totally wish I had a man like that. SRSLY. How funny of a last name is Flowers? SO FUNNY. It sounds like he's a hippie who changed his name at 18, because he felt that he was going 'against the norm'. But, really he is a devoted follower of the Mormon faith. STRANGE....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXIOTjMkvM


The Shins, Australia


I love songs that have different lyrics every chorus and bridge, so refreshing. The video is HILARIOUS. Its not really like a regular music video, the music is just playing in the background and they are at a used car dealer ship. They look like they are going to steel the cars but end up stealing the BALLOONS. Hilarious, the simple pleasures of balloons.... ADDED BONUS: I am also obsessed with Australia and want to go there like Lindsey Lohan wants crack cocaine. AND that is a lot of want there people. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTSxw6zN1E&feature=fvw



Florence and the Machine, Lungs (the entire album)


Yes this is such a good album. I like to listen to it, ANYtime ANYwhere. I love Kiss with a Fist. She is so feisty like a ginger should be.
I am trying to win tickets to see the bands acoustic session in Boston but haven't won, YET. I still have 9 more chances to call/text in, and when I win I will write a whole blog post in all caps, which shouldn't be hard seeing as I do that ANYWAY... Funny story. I was trying to call earlier and ended up calling the a wrong number. GUESS WHO I CALLED? The police. It didn't go over well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsDegqioVA

No comments:

Post a Comment